You can create advanced QR Code designs using different colors, rendering methods (image, canvas or svg), effects, add text or image labels and test each design. Plugin can generate QR Codes based on current URL or by forming standardized formats:
- Custom Text
- Current URL
- SMS Message
- Email Message
- Skype Name
- Phone Number
- vCard Contact
- vCard 4.0 Contact
- Maps GEO Location
- WiFi Access
- RSS Feed Link
To generate QR Codes plugin is not depending on external websites (usually limited by size and design for QR Codes), plugin uses Kjua library that can build QR code as image, canvas or svg with custom image overlay, effects, custom color, transparent background. QR Codes can be generated in any size (if made too small, it can be hard to read and decode).
QR Code Shortcode with integration into TinyMCE editor
Plugin adds button with easy to use popup to configure shortcode for QR Code to add into post content. Adds options to align and wrap shortcode for better styling.
Plugin can be used inside the Block Editor, by adding the shortcode. If you want to generate the shortcode, add Classic Editor Block to the editor, and that Classic Editor will have QR Code button available.
4 Widgets to add QR Codes, including vCard contact information
Plugin adds 4 widgets: QR Code from Current URL (QR Code changes on different pages to encode that page URL), QR Code from vCard Contact information, QR Code from vCard 4.0 Contact information and QR Code from custom content (selection and options for different types of content).
Create multiple QR Code layouts using colors, overlay and effects
Create layouts you can use over and over again. You can add multiple designs/layouts for QR Codes, edit, duplicate or delete them and preview each one with popup QR Code example for easy test.
Easy to use QR Code Layouts designer with real time preview for testing
This Layout Designer is used to create QR Code visual/rendering settings (not the content encoded in the QR Code), and these settings Layouts can be used inside shortcode or widget to generate codes. Layout includes predefined settings for the way the QR Codes will look like.
Customize colors (with transparent background support), render method (image is recommended), add text or image overlay label to enhance QR Code (limits apply for position of overlay since it can effect readability of QR Code), include effects and error correction settings to improve readability of generate QR Codes.
It is highly recommended to use SVG rendering method, especially if you use Image Mode for label.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Support for unicode text and content to encode into QR Code.
- Easy to use export and import for transferring settings from one website to another.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode, each website can set plugin on its own.
- Option to include Download Link to vCard VCF file for both vCard formats.
- Support for translation and includes POT file.
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 7.3 or newer
- WordPress 5.5 or newer
Plugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package. Check out this document to get information on plugin options, usage and more. Please, read this file to understand the limitation of QR Codes customization.
Version 4.1 / 2023.09.12.
- Edit: Process library arguments to remove unused ones
- Update: Kjua library 1.13.1
- Fix: Error in the Kjua library when default layout is used
- Fix: Kjua arguments included even if they are not used
- Fix: Layouts list missing the Render value display
- Fix: Layouts list missing the Label value display
Version 4.0 / 2023.04.10.
- New: replaced QR code library with Kjua library
- New: no longer requires jQuery on frontend
- New: support for generate SVG version of the QR code
- New: includes a very fast image mode for generating QR Code
- New: images always included as Base64 encoded strings
- New: improved precision of QR code that includes label or image
- New: allow selection of the images by ID from Library or URL
- New: cache local and remote images as Base64 stings
- New: expanded display method for vCards textual information
- Update: various styling improvements for rendering elements
- Update: layout builder with proper labels for elements
- Update: set SVG rendering as the default method
- Update: few more changes to the default layout settings
- Update: expanded information included on the Layout editor panel
- Update: changes to the layout related to the new library
- Update: refactoring some of the core code
- Delete: removed old and outdated QR Code library
- Removed: support for rendering DIV QR Code variant
- Fix: Layout Editor not showing image on edit
- Fix: Inconsistent display of vCard textual information