On September 1 2015, Envato introduced very important changes to Item Support Policy. These changes affect how the support is provided, limit support time and include support extension packages that buyers can purchase.
New policy limits support of each item to 6 months from the purchase date. And user can purchase extended support for another 6 months at the 30% of the item price. But, support doesn’t have to be available to all items, and authors can choose which items they will not support. There were lengthy discussions before and some currently going on, with authors mostly being against the new policy, but Envato decision stands.
SMARTPlugins currently have 33 plugins on CodeCanyon. And I have set some of the items as unsupported. What this means is that you can’t purchase the extended support for these items. What this means for the buyers with licenses for ‘unsupported plugins’ or future buyers? Here is the support information list:
- SMARTPlugins support all its products, regardless of the extended support package on CodeCanyon.
- Response to support topics in the forum for items with support packages will be up to 2 business days.
- Response to support topics in the forum for items with no support packages will be up to 4 business days.
- You can report bugs for all items (with or without support package), all bugs will be fixed as soon as possible.
- Purchase code verification is still required to gain access to support forums for every plugin.
- Verification of support expiration according to Envato support policy will not be performed until the start of 2016.
Support policy on the Support Forum website is update to reflect recent support related changes, and you can check it out here. More information is added to make support rules clearer, to speed up the support process and avoid problems in the future. It is possible that support policy will be tweaked and updated more in the comming months depending on the support policy from Envato. If you have any questions, please let me know.